Frequently Asked Questions
Ordering with Direct Cosmetics
- How can I place an order with Direct Cosmetics?
- Making your purchase at Direct Cosmetics is both easy and secure.
As you browse through our site, add products to your Shopping bag by clicking the 'Add to bag' button as you go along.
You can view or change the contents at any stage by clicking on the Shopping bag. Which is found on the right of the page.
Paying for your order
When you are ready to purchase your items, click the 'Checkout' button in the Shopping bag. You can pay by any Visa or MasterCard credit card or by Maestro, Visa Electron or Delta debit card. For UK customers, you can pay by PayPal.
Creating an account
If it is the first time you have made a purchase with us you will need to register and create an account. It only takes a few minutes to set up an account and will store your name, address and delivery details for ease in the future.
Confirming your order and paying!
Once you have successfully created an account/logged in you will need to check your billing and delivery address details. If any of the information is incorrect, click on the 'edit details' or 'edit delivery' button. We'll also show you the total cost of your purchase including postage and packing.
Once you are happy click the 'Place Order' button to continue to the Barclays ePDQ checkout.
You need to fill in all your card details which appear on your card (not forgetting the CVC on the back!). Continue to the next pages and you will be asked to fill your billing and delivery name.
At this point you will be on the cardholder check page where you need to enter your Verified by Visa or Mastercode SecureCode password.
If this is not set up for your card you will be asked to set it up. Once you have verified your card details you will be asked to create a password, this is then used on all sites that have Mastercard Securecode or Verified by Visa enabled. In theory as you are the only person to know your password, failure to put it in correctly means your order would be declined.
Completing your order
By clicking 'Complete Payment' you will be taken back to the Direct Cosmetics site where you will be able to see whether your order was successful or not.
Congratualtions, if all went well you should now have received an order number with Direct Cosmetics.
If you experience any problem please call one of our sales team on: 01572 756805
- How secure is shopping with Direct Cosmetics?
- At Direct Cosmetics, your security is our top priority.
We use Thawte to ensure the highest level of security when placing orders over the Internet. You can check our security certificate by clicking on the Thawte logo below.
Direct Cosmetics will not pass on any of your details to third parties unless required to do so as part of the order verification or if required to do so by UK governing law.
- How can I pay for my order?
- Credit/Debit Card
You can pay online by any Visa or MasterCard credit card or by Maestro, Visa Electron or Delta debit card.
UK customers can pay by PayPal
- How can I change my login details?
- Change login details CLICK HERE (you must login first)
- What if I've forgotten my password?
- Forgotten your password? CLICK HERE
- How do I subscribe to the Direct Cosmetics mailing list?
- Subscribe to the Direct Cosmetics mailing list CLICK HERE
- How do I unsubscribe from the Direct Cosmetics mailing list?
- Unsubscribe from the Direct Cosmetics mailing list CLICK HERE
- How do you deliver my orders?
- Please see the delivery page for full details of delivery charges.
We normally aim to despatch orders on the next working day following receipt of your order. Please check the home page/confirmation email to see if we are experiencing any delays due to high order volume.
We use Royal Mail 1st class delivery for small parcels, and Parcelforce with their world renowned 48 hour service to deliver all other parcels.
Please ensure that someone will be available at the delivery address specified to sign for the order during the day, as orders have to be signed for on delivery. No-one in during the day? Why not send it to a work/friends address?
Due to the nature of ordering on the Internet it is not possible to specify a delivery date or time.
- What are your delivery charges?
- To view our delivery charges CLICK HERE
- Can I return my goods?
- We do not generally sell goods on a sale or return basis.
If you change your mind after receiving the goods please contact us by phone or email to confirm which items are being returned.
The goods must be returned unused, unopened and in the same condition as they were originally despatched by Direct Cosmetics. We will not accept for exchange or refund any item which has been used or is not in the exact condition in which it was despatched by us.
For Health and Safety reasons:
We will not accept any colour cosmetic or skincare products for refund or exchange.
Please read our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- How can I contact Direct Cosmetics?
- If you have any queries or comments please email us, write to us or call us using the contact information below, thank you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Our response time is usually 1 working day)
Address: Direct Cosmetics Ltd, Long Row, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6LN, United Kingdom.
Telephone: 01572 756805 ( Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm )
Registration Number: Vat No. GB 918 5676 82
- What are testers?
- A tester is a 100% genuine product that is unused and unopened.
Testers are the regular products usually without the fancy packaging in a plain box (so don't make such good presents - but are an ideal refill for yourself) generally they are also marked tester on the bottle, they are always new and unused; and sometimes come without a lid. Some items may also be marked not for individual sale.
As they don't have all of the fancy outer packaging we get them at a better price, so are able to sell for less.
Unboxed item is a 100% genuine product that is unused and unopened. Unboxed items are the regular products without the fancy packaging.
Box Imperfect items are 100% genuine items that are unused and unopened. Box Imperfect items are the regular products with the fancy packaging that has been damaged in transit.
By submitting you order to Direct Cosmetics, you are confirming that you are aware of this fact and do not consider this to be a problem with ordering that product.
- What is the PAO (Period After Opening) symbol?
- Most cosmetic products are made to last a long time. But it is not always clear for consumers just how long is a long time.
From March 2005 the new PAO symbol was introduced that shows the number of months within which the industry, in conjunction with European Union guidelines, recommends a product remains usable. This period is referred to as the Period After Opening (PAO).
The lifespan is designated in months (M) and appears as follows:
= 12 months
= 24 months
Information concerning the lifespan of your product will appear on all products except:
- products which only last 30 months or less as these products already carry a best before date
- single use products (e.g. samples, hair colorants etc.)
- products contained in packaging that prevents contact with the external environment (e.g. aerosols)
- some very long-lasting products which cannot deteriorate over time in a way that affects their safety.
Useful Product Tips
- Always read the instructions carefully; including any warnings for use.
- Keep lids on products when not in use and use the product within the recommended timeframe (if a date or PAO is shown on the product).
- Avoid storing your products in direct sunlight or near sources of heat and choose dry, cool (but not freezing) storage areas where possible.
- Never dilute products or mix with other products (unless directed to do so by the product instructions).
- Apply cosmetic products with clean hands or an applicator and routinely wash all applicators thoroughly with soap, detergent or a mild shampoo.
- Allow applicators to dry completely before use.
- Avoid sharing your personal cosmetic products with another person.
- Are all your cosmetic, fragrance and perfume goods authentic?
- We guarantee that all cosmetics, fragrance and perfume products we supply are authentic. All of our suppliers are fully vetted, and we operate our own internal quality control.
- What is UK Recommended Retail Price?
- UK RRP refers to prices the manufacturer recommends goods are sold at in the UK market, or prices that retailers within the UK market are currently offering the same product.
In the case of unboxed items or testers the price of the equivalent regular goods may be shown for reference only.
We do not supply any testers free of charge.
Testers are the regular products quite often in a bottle/packaging marked as a tester.
We have always sold these items so that our customer can make the even greater savings on the fragrances they love.
Some items may also be marked not for individual sale. By submitting you order to Direct Cosmetics, you are confirming that you are aware of this fact and do not consider this to be a problem with ordering that product.
We make every effort try to ensure all products marked as such are identified on the system.
- What are your Terms and Conditions?
- View our Terms and Conditions CLICK HERE
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice.
Our company policy is we will NEVER supply any of your details to any other company.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent, or if you submitted your details prior to this option, you will be given the chance to unsubscribe from our mailing list via a link on any e-mail sent to you.
In accordance with the Privacy & Electronic Communications Act passed into law 11 Dec 03) - "We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam)"
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Phone number
- email address
- Order history
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law and the Safebuy Trader Code.
We are proud members of the Safebuy accreditation system, which is the industry self-regulatory body set up by the Consumers' Association and the Alliance for Electronic Business, supported by the UK Government.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us.
- Where can I become a fan of Direct Cosmetics on Facebook?
- Follow Direct Cosmetics on Facebook
- Where can I follow Direct Cosmetics on Twitter?
- Follow Direct Cosmetics on Twitter